If you are a curry fan, you will be glad to know that you can still enjoy a delicious curry on Patrick’s low-GL Diet. Give this tasty chicken curry a try – not only is it gluten, wheat, dairy and yeast free, but it is also creamy and spicy with the use of coconut milk and immune-boosting spices. You can double this recipe and freeze the remainder or store in the fridge for up to three days.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed of skin and fat and sliced into strips
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tsp reduced salt vegetable bouillon powder dissolved in 210 ml water (available at leading health stores)
- 210 ml coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and sear the chicken strips on both sides, then remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Fry the cumin and turmeric in the pan for a few seconds before adding the garlic and chilli and sautéing for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and fry to soften them.
- Pour the bouillon liquid into the pan with the coconut milk, return the meat to the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked – about 20 to 30 minutes.