Here’s a wonderful recipe from Patrick’s new book that is not only delicious, but healthy too! This walnut-and-three-bean salad is taken from the slow-carb phase. It’s the perfect for a wholesome lunch or supper and is easy to prepare.
- 400 g can mixed beans, haricot beans, and chickpeas.
- A handful of walnuts roughly chopped
- Half a small apple
- 2 tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or chives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp walnut oil or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- One celery stick finely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and serve with salad leaves.