Top up your Vitamin C levels after a night out with this delicious summer fruit salad that is gluten-, wheat- and dairy-free. Prepare the ingredients before-hand so that you don’t need to put too much effort into your hangover breakfast. The blended yoghurt and fruit make a delicious fresh smoothie for pouring over the fruit salad and, along with the seeds, provides protein and essential fats, which help the heart, skin, brain and hormones.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- 12 handfuls of strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 8 handfuls of blueberries
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 4 apricots or plums, or 2 peaches or nectarines, stoned and chopped
- 12 tbsp live natural yoghurt, kefir or soya yoghurt
- 8 handfuls fresh berries of your choice
- A little xylitol or agave syrup to taste (depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 4 tbsp ground or pre-cracked linseeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp wheatgerm
- Mix the pomegranate seeds, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and apricots together and divide between four bowls.
- Blend the yoghurt or kefir with the other fresh berries and, if required, sweeten to taste with the xylitol or agave syrup.
- Pour the blended fruit yoghurt over the fruit salad, and sprinkle the seeds and wheatgerm on top.
Enjoy – your body will thank you!