Detoxing need not mean boring, tasteless or dull recipes – there is a broad variety of exciting ingredients that will help you kick-start 2019 year on a healthy note. If you aren’t a breakfast person, this berry smoothie can be made in advance and is ideal to have on the run.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 small banana, or half a medium one, not too ripe
- 2 teaspoons of a seed mix (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and flax seeds)
- 1 small punnet (150g) blueberries or other berries
- The juice of half a lemon
- Pure fruit juice (orange works well) or non-dairy milk or water (just enough to make it a drinkable consistency)
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve in a glass or in a shaker bottle and enjoy!