Dinner party starters or a light lunch on the go, this delicious dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds on every level. The choice of hot smoked salmon is the ideal healthy option, as the process involves smoking the fish right over the fire, making sure certain microbes are killed. Salmon provides a healthy dose of omega 3 essential fats, while the mango’s orange flesh contains the antioxidant vitamin betacarotene and the avocado is packed with skin-healing Vitamin E.
This recipe is gluten-free, wheat-free and diary-free. It can also be made in advance so that you can focus on the occasion and enjoy the company you’re with.
1 large ripe mango
1 ripe avocado
½ mild red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4 spring onions, finely sliced
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 1 lime
25g coriander, finely chopped
2 hot-smoked salmon fillets, cut in half lengthways to form 4 slim fillets
4 small handfuls of rocket, lettuce or mixed leaves
Freshly group black pepper
- Slice the mango flesh off both sides of the stone, scoring the flesh lengthways and then horizontally to produce small cubes.
- Scrape the cubes from the skin of the mango using a spoon; do this over a bowl so that you catch the juice.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients, except for the fish, leaves and pepper, and mix well.
- Place a salmon fillet and a spoonful of salsa on each plate.
- Add the leaves and season with black pepper.