Whether you are looking for a healthy, nutritious meal to pack for the kids before a sports game or an energy-boosting lunch to take with for a busy day at work, Patrick’s thick energy soup is a quick and easy option. It provides an instant high-energy boost combined with plenty vitamins and minerals.
- 225g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 broccoli florets
- ½ bunch watercress
- 100g firm tofu
- 3 teaspoons stock concentrate
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- 75-100ml soya/dairy milk
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process well.
- Add milk until you get the consistency you prefer.
- Serve cold or gently heated, without letting the soup boil.
You can give it a subtle change of flavour by adding chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chervil, mint, coriander or basil. Serve with oatcakes, rice cakes or rye bread/ toast.