For an instant upgrade in how you feel and look, there are four habits to break and four habits to make.
”So, let’s start with the hard part. To give your system a break, you need to avoid the following,” says Patrick.
- Avoid wheat. All wheat contains gluten and this irritates the gut. So, give your insides a week’s break.
- Avoid milk. It’s the most common food allergen and most people produce antibodies to it. In other words, it causes your immune system to react. It’s also mucus forming. Give your system a week off milk and all dairy products.
- Stay of the caffeine. This might be the hardest part if you’re addicted. But that’s the point. Caffeine is an addictive toxin that makes your liver work hard to detoxify it. If you can bear it, cut out caffeine for one week. If not, then two cups of green tea a day is the thin edge of the wedge.
- Eliminate the alcohol. Of course, this is your liver’s worst enemy.
Patrick then advises we take a break for a week and says the habits you need to make during that week are:
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day. After all, your body is 66% water and this alone will help you detoxify.
- Eat superfoods to spring-clean your system. The best foods include fresh apricots, cantaloupe, citrus fruits, kiwi, papayas, peaches, mangoes, melons, red grapes and all types of berries. Vegetables that are especially good for detoxification include artichokes, peppers, beets, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, cucumber, kale, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato, tomato, watercress, and bean and seed sprouts.
- Load up on anti-aging antioxidants. They are the key players in detoxifying your body. If you boost your intake, from both food and supplements, you’ll definitely notice the difference.
- Take liver-detoxifying supplements. From MSM to milk thistle, there’s a combination of seven top detoxifiers to give your liver’s detox capacity an upgrade. Look for a supplement that contains: N-Acetyl Cysteine, Milk Thistle Extract, Cruciferous Vegetable Compounds, MSM, Ellagic Acid, Dandelion Extract and Alpha Lipoic Acid.