This is tasty, low-GL adaptation of the classic recipe for banana bread. Using Xylitol instead of sugar – this recipe is sweet tasting yet guilt free.
- 1 cup of Xylitol (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas (5 medium)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 2/3 cup soft whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts (such as walnuts or almond)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- You can also add some flax seeds for that all important Omega 3.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease the bottom of a loaf pan (or other baking dish) with extra coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix the xylitol and coconut oil until blended. Add in the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one. Add the bananas and water; then after that is blended, add in the rest of the ingredients, except nuts and coconut, just until moistened. Stir in nuts and coconut, then pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake until toothpick or a knife inserted in the middle of loaf comes out clean, about one hour. Let it cool for about five minutes and remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely before slicing.