500g low whole grain conchiglie pasta (shells)
2 cups (500ml) Greek Yoghurt
4 Tbsp. (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
300g frozen peas
1 tsp. dried chili flakes (optional)
100g pine nuts
200g feta, broken into chunks
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 avocados, cut into chunks
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil for the pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet – al dente helps to keep the GL of the carbohydrates in pasta lower.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the source by blending the yoghurt, half the olive oil, the garlic and the peas in a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil, chili flakes and pine nuts to a pan and fry until the nuts are golden and the oil is a deep red colour.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add the pasta slowly to the yoghurt and pea sauce so that the sauce doesn’t separate.
- Add the feta and season to taste.
- Finally, add the pine nuts and chili oil, avocado and watercress. Toss gently to coat and serve immediately.