A salad doesn’t; have to mean limp lettuce, soggy tomato and curling cucumber. Add enough interesting ingredients and it can turn into a satisfying meal. Plus it is a good way to incorporate plenty of raw vegetables into your diet. This is a great summertime salad with a classic combination of Italian flavours that are easy to prepare.
Serves 1 (Double up if it needs to serve 2)
- 1/2 bag mixed salad leaves of your choice e.g. rocket, lettuce leaves, butter lettuce etc.
- 75g cooked skinless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- a handful cherry/baby tomatoes halved
- 1/4 of a cucumber, diced
- Balsamic vinegar and a dash of olive oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
1. Add all the salad ingredients together (except the balsamic and olive oil)
3. Drizzle with balsamic and olive oil.