Serves 2-4 (makes 4 large pancakes)
50g corn flour
50g quinoa flour
35g of Xylitol
210ml skimmed milk, soya milk or nut milk
2½ tbsp water
1 medium egg
4 tsp Coconoil Coconut Oil (1 tsp of Organic Coconut Oil per pancake) for frying
For the Filling
4 tbsp blueberries
2 tsp Xylobrit (Xylitol)
1 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Make the pancakes by blending all the pancake ingredients except the Coconut oil in a blender until smooth.
2. Melt one teaspoon of the coconut oil in a frying pan and tip to coat the whole surface. Spoon in half a ladleful of the batter (a quarter of the total batter) and tip the pan to spread evenly in a circle around the base.
3. Cook for 30 to 45 seconds, then turn with a spatula (or the more adventurous can attempt to flip) and cook the other side for a similar length of time, until pale golden.
4. Remove from the pan and keep warm (place on a plate and cover with a clean, dry tea towel) until ready to be served. You will have to add another teaspoon of Coconoil to the pan between pancakes to make sure they do not stick.
5. To make the blueberry filling, place the blueberries in a pan with the Xylobrit, water and lemon juice and heat gently until the berries start to burst and release their juice, producing a berry compote. Spoon a bit into the middle of each pancake and fold up.
GL’s PER SERVING: 4 per pancake
VARIATIONS: for other fillings squeeze fresh lemon juice over the pancake and sprinkle with Xylobrit then roll up.
ALLERGY SUITABILITY gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast free