“The latest research available is completely consistent with my optimum nutrition advice,” says Patrick.
Patrick’s top tips for anti-ageing
- Eat a Mediterranean-style diet: A Low-GL diet will keep your blood sugar levels even, reducing hunger. As a result, you’ll naturally eat fewer calories, which is key to living longer and healthier.
- A diet rich in essential fats. Make sure you eat enough essential fats from oily fish like mackerel, tuna, salmon and sardines with an emphasis on increasing Omega-3 fats, which have the most positive anti-ageing properties because they reduce inflammation.
- Eat more seeds and nuts such as flax and sunflower seeds.
- Eat foods high in antioxidants. Brightly coloured fruit and vegetables are your best source of antioxidants and key to fighting inflammation.
- Eat more vegetables and where possible eat organic (or know the source of the food you are eating).
Read more about anti-ageing lifestyle secrets here.