This thick, soaked muesli is delicious and particularly nutritious, as all the ingredients are raw, maximising the vitamin, enzyme and antioxidant content. This recipe is taken from The Holford 9-Day Liver Detox by Patrick Holford and Fiona McDonald Joyce.
- 40 g whole rolled porridge oats
- 1 tbsp ground almonds or desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp of Patrick Holford’s Essential Seed Mix – made up of a combination of pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and flax seeds kept in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- ½ small apple, grated
- 1 tbsp berries, such as raspberries or blueberries
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and cover with double the amount of boiling water, stir and leave to thicken for a couple of minutes until the oats have soaked up the water and become soft and plump.
This refreshing combination of berries and seeds is perfect for a quick summer breakfast.